Hello Fashionistas and style fans!

How fun is it to be creative! I look forward in sharing all my beauty and fashion tips along with advice in life, love and careers. -xo Alejandra M.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

11 Ways To Make The Best Of Your Life, Career and Relationships.

First and foremost don't get stuck in the paralysis of analysis.

Sometimes people get into a mode where they are planning so much they can never make a decision. All that weighing up of pros and cons needs to lead somewhere. You have to be decisive and take action because if you spend too long cyphering, someone else will snap it up from underneath you. Motion creates emotion. Size up the situation then pounce. Just make sure you always have a plan B and a built-in ability to make the
necessary adjustments along the way.

1. ASK YOURSELF: Who are the people around me who make me feel energized to make it happen? Who's always telling me, "You can't?" "That won't work.
Who knows to let me be and let me achieve my mission? Who's happy for me when I succeed? Who's always looking for something to criticize? Who's being direct in a supportive way? Who has an agenda? Who's along for the ride? Who brings me up? Who brings me down?


2. KEEP ONE EYE OPEN: I don't claim to be smarter than anyone else. But when you're sleeping, I've got one eye open. By the time you wake up, I'm already 10 steps ahead because with that one eye I've already decided what I'm going to do that day. Everything has a purpose, from the way I do my hair and makeup to
the tactics I choose when putting together an event or scheduling my staff. Planning gives you the edge over others.

3. WHAT: Always step outside your box, and be prepared.

4. WHY: It will help your ideas and creativity level grow. When preparation meets opportunity it will always result in success.

5. HOW: Go beyond acceptance and reach out to people who have more experience in your field than you. Most successful people will want to share their knowledge and teach you what they have learned though their experiences because they share your values and work ethic. Having a mentor or mentor's is a great thing. You will learn valuable things from them. They will guide you along the way.
6. BUT: Always be yourself, and remember to treat people how they want to be treated. It's not how you want to be treated, it's not always about you. One of the golden rules of life is understanding people and treating them the way they want to be treated. Pay attention to detail, and always look for the positive not the negative. You can still be you, as long as you don't criticize anyone else's work. Criticism is futile because it puts a person on the defensive and usually makes people strive to justify themselves. Criticism is dangerous, because it wound's a person's pride, hurts a person's sense of importance and arouses resentment.

7. ALWAYS tell yourself, I will NOT be distracted by critics, or criticize anyone. I realize that not eveyone will agree with me, or cheer me on. You will not experience negativity from anyone if you have the ability to understand the other person's point of view and see things from that person's angle as well as from your own. Be anxious to praise but loath to find fault.

8. WHAT: Get connected.


9. WHY: Build relationships to last forever because success in your career and life depends on positive human interaction. You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.




10. HOW: Keep an open mind, be compassionate and always show appreciation. "The deepest principle in human nature is the craving to be appreciated." - William James

11. BUT: Be selective about who you trust.
When someone keeps bringing you down or telling you, "You can't" edit them from your life. Keep negativity to a very low minimum or even better keep it out of your life completely.

Always remember to love the hard times because they make you stronger, wiser and more willing to take risks. Obstacles and challenges breed tolerance and compassion.
Every situation is a learning experience. You learn from the bad to make better choices and decisions in the future. You learn from the good to continue and make the future even better.

From being a mother with a vivacious 4 years old little girl, to being the boss and running a business I constantly remind myself to incorporate these important principles in my life. Whenever I am faced with an obstacle- I challenge myself not to do the impulsive and natural thing. Instead, I put these principles in place and watch them make the difference.

Discover your passion, package it and present it to the world. From the way you dress and express your own style to the way you get down to business, you are your own best brand.


xo -Al

1 comment:

  1. Alex,
    This post I absolutely loved, now I have to print this out and keep it close by to remind myself to do these on a regular basis. Thanks for posting such great information!
    xoxo
    http://onestyleatatime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete